Microbiology & Serology
- Department has a state-of-the-art laboratory, fully compliant as per ISO and NABL guidelines
- We are an active member of IPAQT initiative for Tuberculosis.
- We have a team of well experienced doctors and dedicated staff.
- We offer infection control practices and antibiogram preparation for hospitals.
- We perform sensitivity testing as per CLSI/EUCAST guidelines.
- BACTEC FX: Automated continuous monitoring system for blood cultures.
- BacT/ALERT 3D : Automated continuous monitoring system for blood cultures.
- Vitek 2 : Automated system for faster and accurate identification and MIC sensitivity of Bacteria /Yeast pathogens.
- BACTEC MGIT 320 : Liquid culture technology for rapid culture of Mycobacteria.
Also used for susceptibility testing of Anti Tb drugs.
- Genexpert : Used for Tuberculosis testing with rifampicin sensitivity , C.difficile toxin detection, HIV viral load, HCV viral load.
- Line probe assay : Molecular detection of tuberculosis and drug resistance testing.
Also used for identification of Nontuberculous Mycobacteria (NTM).
- Microbroth dilution technique : MIC testing of bacteria/Fungi/NTM/MOTT( Atypical Mycobacteria).
- BOD incubator : For fungal culture.
Mycology covers morphological identification of Yeast cells and fungi including Dermatophytes. We also offer automated susceptibility and MIC testing for yeasts.